Dress Shirt Care
THE SHIRT HAS ARRIVED, WHAT ARE THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS?
1. Turn the shirt inside out before placing the shirt in the washing machine.
2. All shirts, non-iron and regular cotton can be machine washed. Please do so on a cold to luke warm setting, and preferably on gentle or delicate cycle. All our fabrics are pre-shrunk so shrinkage should be not an issue. We would recommend, if possible, to only have other dress shirts, or a light load, when washing your shirts. An excessively full washing load with other coarser materials can cause early shirt pilling.
3. Hang dry your shirts. Tumble dry, even on low, can lead to shrinkage and damage finer fabrics. Button the top button whilst drying will help retain the shape and if you invest in thicker wooden hangers, it will help the shirt retain its shape better.
4. Optional - Hand press with a warm iron when it is slightly damp, that will make the task a little easier.
5) Optional - Every two months take a tooth brush loaded with detergent to gently scrub the collar to remove ring around the collar.
DO MY SHIRTS NEED TO BE TAKEN TO THE DRY CLEANER?
They do not need to be taken to a dry cleaner, in fact dry cleaning is not as suitable for the type of wear with perspiration and oils as laundering. We recommend laundering and hang dry.